City Park Church | Casper, Wyoming
Title: Senior Pastor
Reports To: Congregation
City Park Church is a vibrant community of believers, dedicated to the loving one another, Casper and the world, as Christ loves the church. Casper has a population of approximately 55,000 and Natrona County has approximately 77,000 residents. We are a “medium sized” church for Casper. Our body is approximately 200 strong with an annual budget of $400,000. We are affiliated with the American Baptist Church and fall under the umbrella of their 501c3 tax status. While our history is tied to the Baptist denomination, our body is from all walks of life and a plethora of denominations.
Position Purpose: The Senior Pastor is to provide spiritual and pastoral leadership to the congregation of City Park Church. The Senior Pastor will serve as the lead administrator of the congregation so that it might fulfill its mission and purpose as the body of Christ. The Senior Pastor will preach, teach, and administer the Sacraments and give primary leadership in the ministries of Worship, Administration, Stewardship and Outreach.
The Senior Pastor of City Park Church is the spiritual leader and shepherd of the Church. The Senior Pastor is responsible for the spiritual welfare, overall program, growth and life of the Church. He prepares God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up to maturity (Ephesians 4:12). It shall be his duty to provide vision, to promote the programs adopted by the church, to be loyal to its heritage and principles, and to advance the ministry of the church in order that it may fulfill its purpose.
While in the City Park Church, there are no outside entities to whom the Senior Pastor must report. The Senior Pastor is accountable, as an Elder, to work collaboratively with the Elders and Leadership Team members to assure effective and efficient coordination and management of all actions of City Park Church.
In awareness of the support needed for ministry together, the congregation and Senior Pastor mutually agree to support one another in private and public prayer.
1. Overall Leadership – The Senior Pastor is primarily responsible for preaching, administering the ordinances and exercising leadership. He is an ex-officio member of all leadership teams. The Senior Pastor supervises the pastoral staff, assigning tasks, assessing performance, and assuring task completion. He guides and encourages their personal and professional development. The Senior Pastor also provides spiritual leadership and guidance to lay leaders, and meets with Elders and Leadership Team members and lay leadership routinely and as circumstances dictate.
2. Godly Example – The Senior Pastor provides a Godly example to the leaders and congregation by devotion, prayer self-care, character and actions (1 Timothy 3:2-7; Titus 1:6-9; 1 Peter 5:1-3).
3. Preaching – The Senior Pastor devotes a significant amount of time and effort to the study and exposition of God’s Word as the primary preacher in the
Sunday services (2 Timothy 2:15; 4:1-5). The Senior Pastor preaches the scriptures with clarity and enthusiasm, connecting with diverse levels of spiritual maturity.
4. Worship – The Senior Pastor provides direction to the ministerial staff, worship director, media and music ministries as to the structure, content and overall structure of all worship services.
5. Teaching and Training – The Senior Pastor provides overall training and inspiration to pastoral staff, elder and leadership team to ensure that they are maturing in their faith and enhancing their skills in leadership and ministry. Likewise, the Senior Pastor assures that the overall church body has opportunities for Bible Study by teaching congregational Bible Study for more in-depth review and interpretation of God’s Word.
6. Shepherding and Congregation Care – The Senior Pastor demonstrates a shepherd’s heart that genuinely loves, cares for and accepts the congregation. To that end, the Senior Pastor assures that a viable program of congregation care is implemented to address the spectrum of needs of the entire congregation and to identify, develop, encourage and utilize the giftings of the congregation.
7. Doctrine – The Senior Pastor upholds and defends the historic, evangelic faith, which serves as the foundation for our beliefs (Jude 3; Galatians 1:6-9; 1 Timothy 6:20; 2 Timothy 1:13-14).
8. Vision – The Senior Pastor, alongside the Elders, directs the vision and objectives of the ministries of City Park Church.
Noted Duties and Implementations from the approved by-laws of City Park Church:
I. The Senior Pastor shall be recognized as:
a. An Elder and accorded all rights thereto;
b. A leader of the Church, and;
c. Shall act as Chairman of all congregational meetings and of the church leadership team.
II. The Senior Pastor shall provide for all services of the church and shall specifically arrange for all special congregational meetings and. No person shall speak or preach in the church without his approval.
III. The Senior Pastor shall be Chairman of the nomination committee for Elder nominees.
IV. Shall be an ex-officio member of all committees.
Please submit your letter of interest and resume to:
City Park Church
804 South Wolcott Street
Casper, Wyoming 82601
Care of: Ashley Bright
Senior Pastor Search Team Facilitator